Sunday, November 3, 2013

How I Learn

     Out of the seven learning styles, Kinesthetic, Linguistic, Logical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Spatial, and Musical, I learn best through the styles of logical, musical, and intrapersonal. I have always enjoyed math and picked up new topics very easily and fast. I've been a instrument player for a couple years and even though I may not learn through song, the rhythm is what helps me learn. I am intrapersonal in learning because whenever a new topic is introduced I always try to create problems or try to understand why it make sense, through self-reflection. 

     In everything I do to learn, taking notes, doing work, etc.. I am logical through these processes. Every time I do take notes, I always number them or bullet them according to topic, this is relevant to the learning style of logical because of how I separate notes through numerical sequence. I always use logic to deepen my understanding of a topic. Because of what math contains, (reasoning why the math problem is solved that way) I learn in a similar way in subjects like English or Economics because there's reasons why a specific character in a piece of literature is characterized a certain way or why an economy might be doing not so well. Not only this is logical but it's also intrapersonal. I am always self-reflecting to assure that I am understanding any topic. The way I self asses myself is through logical reasoning; if I know what's going on and why then I understand the topic. 

     Through the years of me learning various instruments I found that rhythm is important to any piece of music. Rhythm make the music flow and make sense. This incorporates into my learning because of the way I process information. When there's a specific topic being talked about I would understand it lucidly because the conversation has a constant "rhythm" about that specific topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment