Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week of 10/21/13

      The last time I remember I was assigned a research project was in Forensics. During Forensics, the project was a common core task. We, the students, had to choose a topic about a field of science that has developed over the years. I chose Cardiology, the study of the heart. I had to research different types of cardiac technology that helped people live longer and how it improved over the years. It was a very interesting topic because learning how different fields of sciences helped develop technologies to elongate people's lives.

      This research paper wasn't hard at all, it was very interesting to hear the types of technology that cardiologists invented to help the heart function. Before learning about the technologies that helped people's hearts function I had to research about the types of heart diseases people experience (both common and rare diseases). This research experience allowed me to see what problems people can have with their hearts. Many of these diseases are serious however some are minor. The different types of technologies invented allowed me to see the improvements from the start of cardiology to modern day. With new cardiac technologies being made, I learned that through these technologies people can be able to locate the problem and get it solved earlier before it's too late. Cardiology was a topic that I was required to learn a lot about since it required the knowledge of common diseases and the evolution of technology to help people. 

    This topic was very informative for me. Through this research paper I was able to learn how heart diseases can limit people's everyday functions; how with them having this disease the process that he/she has to go through. I was able to enjoy the fact that doctors and engineers are currently innovating new medical technologies to help people investigate and pinpoint the issue to get it treated immediately. 

1 comment:

  1. That's great Harris. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your research on cardiology. However, you forgot to mention what sources you used. As a librarian, I am always curious about these things.

    ReplyDelete